USB Bootloader Style Programmer
I did not build this circuit. I bought a few already assembled. Please keep this in mind if you are going to build. The schematic
diagram is essentially copied from the data sheet.
- TTL-232R-5V - or -
- UB232R - or -
- Breakout Board for FT232RL USB to Serial
- Single row headers (for breakout board)
- 6 or 10 conductor ribbon cable
- 6 or 10 conductor ribbon connector
- The target microcontroller may provide it's own power, or get it from the USB bus.
- The target microcontroller power supply voltage must match the settings on the USB-TTL converter.
- For Windows based development, you might want to stick to the Breakout Board. It exposes DTR.
No assembly required for the UB232R. Add single row headers to the Breakout Board.